Here’s a roundup of trending topics in the church world this week. What’s on your mind?
- According to the Barna Group, the average size of a Protestant church in America is 89 adults. So why will most churches never break 200 attendance mark? Here are some thoughts on the subject from Carey Nieuwhof, lead pastor of Connexus Community Church.
- Did you attend our September webinar on social media strategy for churches? Want to learn more? A marketing company called Voucs just released a free whitepaper, “How to Track and Measure Social Media Marketing,” worth checking out.
- The Episcopal Church Foundation has welcomed a few new bloggers to their team over at Vital Posts, “Current News and Views about Faith and Leadership.” Check out their site for some really valuable reading on stewardship, disaster preparedness issues and church finance issues – just to name a few.
- Folks from across the Episcopal Church – including Bishop Goff and Bishop Gulick – gathered in D.C. Oct. 7-8 to promote immigration form. Learn more.
- Here in the diocesan offices, we’re all abuzz about the new staff profile brochure landing in church mailboxes this week. Stay tuned!