- Avoid serving alcohol to anyone under the age of 21 by checking identification.
- Do not serve someone who appears to be inebriated.
- Institute a drink limit.
- Make sure non-alcoholic beverages are available.
- Limit events to within a certain time-frame.
- When an outside party uses your premises (such as a wedding), the church may require a certificate of insurance from the vendor.
- Check licensing requirements and determine if your organization is required to secure a liquor license.
- Consider the use of a professional bartender and the requirement that they provide a certificate of insurance showing coverage for liquor liability.
- Make designated drivers available to anyone who appears inebriated.
Read part one of the CIAC’s advice for sponsoring safe and successful church events.