Anyone who has a smartphone or tablet is aware of the extensive list of apps available, everything from cropping and editing a photo to making and organizing your grocery list. But how many apps do you use to supplement your personal spiritual life? We’ve compiled just a few popular apps available to those seeing to “churchify” their mobile experience:
- Electronic Common Prayer –“The first, fully authorized, interactive version of the Book of Common Prayer 1979 of the Episcopal Church USA.” From Church Publishing.
- Reflections for Daily Prayer – “Easy to use daily prayer app based on the only Bible reading notes designed specifically for the Church of England by Church House Publishing. Includes: Full lectionary details for Morning Prayer from Common Worship, a reflection on a Bible reading, a Collect and the option to read reflection within ‘Simple Morning Prayer’ format.”
- Forward Day by Day – “Includes daily morning and evening prayer from the Book of Common Prayer of the Episcopal Church, the daily scripture readings from the lectionary, information about saints who are commemorated, and the meditation from Forward Day by Day.”
- Episcopal Calendar – “The Liturgical calendar of the Episcopal Church, according to the 1979 Book of Common Prayer. Shows the date of all feasts,fasts and optional commemorations listed in the prayerbook along with the associated liturgical colors. Also includes the Proper numbers for Sundays after Pentecost.”
- Bible – A free, popular Bible app. “Hundreds of Bible versions, hundreds of reading plans and hundreds of languages. Add your own highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.”
Have any other app recommendations to share? Use the comments section below.