The next Mustard Seed grant cycle of the Diocese of Virginia, beginning in early 2015, offers grants ranging from $500 to $5,000 to support congregations as they advance the mission of church and community through development of new programs, expansion of current programs, or improvement of facilities for ministry growth.
It is only with your generosity and support that Mustard Seed grants were provided to the following churches in the last grant cycle. All of this great work is fulfilled entirely by donations from individuals and parishes. Won’t you consider being a part of the wonderful work that takes place across our Diocese?
- Christ Church, Alexandria, was able to further support their Lazarus Ministry, a place where they offer hope and help to people in the City of Alexandria who are in crisis situations; the homeless, the working poor, the disabled, and the chronically unemployed.
- Emmanuel, Harrisonburg, converted two bathrooms into shower rooms for their biannual work with the homeless in their community.
- St. John’s, West Point, provided a well and pump for an elder without access to water on the Mattaponi Reservation.
- All Saints, Sharon Chapel, Alexandria, funded the replacement and refurbishment of their stained glass doors.
- St. Mary’s, Colonial Beach, was able to build a new fire escape and handicap accessible ramp for the church.
- St. Peter’s, Port Royal, received a grant to refurbish and repair their historic organ.
- La Iglesia de San Marcos, Alexandria, held a leadership retreat for parishioners to discern the church’s call together.
- Christ Church, Winchester, used funds to purchase supplies for the Vacation Bible School they hosted in Bani, Dominican Republic.
- Region XIII used grant money to support the regional effort at Marc Schools in Trouin, Haiti.
- St. James’s, Richmond, continues to support the construction work at the multi-use compound in Cap-Haitien
You may make a donation online or by mail (110 W Franklin Street, Richmond, VA 23220). There is no donation too small.
This great work cannot happen without you. Give Inspirationally.